Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can I Be Honest For A Moment...

I find it really hard for many to relate to me, my blog, my conversation for long because I MUST be honest. Sometimes honesty isn't the best thing to say, so I try to choose the nicest words, but it never fails that someone is disenchanted by my thoughts expressed.

The reason why I haven't posted anything for so long, assuming there's anyone wondering, is that I find many bloggers to be very condecending, unrealstic, extemist, and judgemental. While I can appreciate the rhetoric of housekeeping, homeschooling, etc. I think it's just as important for us women who are avid "enlightners" of the such to keep it real. Life is so much more than just the same two topics many want to beat with a hammer weekly.

If you're having a hard time following how I feel about self righteousness, check out this post.

I hope I am being clear that not everyone in blogland is how I just described, but I do feel as though I am part of the minority here. Really, I enjoy reading varied opinions, but without pride and haughtiness I find more often than not . I am really contemplating on terminating my account. There's just little room for a third p.o.v. You're either one extreme or the other. Anything in between is just straddling the fence; how absurd!

I'm just wanting to connect with other mothers/wives who believe in a balance as I do.

If you're out there...

1 comments:

Elspeth said...

I realize that you may or may not include me in your assessment but may I say this?

Blogs are forums where the authors set up shop, if you will, to air their thoughts on any number of issues. That's what a blog is.

I was tempted to start in about how, I, personally don't consider myself to be an extreme voice and why, but then I realized that it doesn't matter.

I, too, used to get aggravated. My big kids are in public school and there is a school of thought that it is sinful for Christians to send their kids to public school. I may not agree (and I think it's wrong to declare as sinful what the Bible has not spoken on), but who am I to get angry with what some sister chooses to write on HER blog?

We have two choices: we can cease to read offending blogs, or we can write what we think is a more balanced point of view. I have chosen to do the latter. However, on issues that clearly outlined in Scripture, I do believe that truth must be the rule even if it may offend. Personally, I have found that even on the blogs of more rigid sisters, there is something I can learn, even if I don't swallow it all. Because frankly, we American Christians are far too relaxed and not careful enough in the details of our daily life. People I may not totally agree with still make me think.